Thursday, April 1, 2010

The Other Criminal

>

There were two thieves on the cross with Jesus. The one hurled insults at the Jesus and seemingly lashed out at him. But the other criminal was very different. He looked at Jesus and saw the true savior. He saw an innocent man. He saw a king whose kingdom was not of this world. He saw someone who was on an eternal mission and he wanted to be part of it. He knew that his deeds deserved death, but he somehow knew that Jesus had the answer to even death.

He turned to Jesus and said, “Remember me when you come into your kingdom.” Jesus looked back at him and said, “ I tell you the truth, today you will be with me in paradise.”

It sounds so simple. The criminal recognized that he was a sinner who deserved death. He believed that Jesus was innocent and died for others. He turned to Jesus and trusted in him for his eternity. Jesus’ response was quick and clear. “Today, you will be with me in paradise.”

My friends, I encourage you to take another look at Jesus and turn to him. He is the answer to all our problems – including victory over death.

Have an awesome day as you live the Life He has called you to.

No comments:

Post a Comment