Tuesday, November 3, 2009

A Father loving His kids

Most of the time our two boys, Zachary and Jason really get along excellently. They play together and genuinely enjoy each other. As I watch them play, in this case football, I often think of the truth in Psalm 133. "How good and pleasant it is when brothers live together in unity.... For there the Lord bestows his blessing."

When our boys are playing well together, I love it and I want to do anything to encourage that behavior. That usually means getting down on the floor with them and doing some tackling myself. I as their father am extremely pleased with them. I think that is exactly how God, our Father feels when His Children are walking in Unity. He desires to reward that behavior and I think it also makes Him want to get down on the floor with us and join in the play. How about that for an image of our loving Father in Heaven.

2 comments:

  1. your two little ones are super cute and i get blessed watching you interact with them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've found that most of the truly profound lessons I've learned in life have come through children. Time and again God has used my kids (and other children especially when I was teaching) to teach and illustrate truths that have deeply impacted the way I live and love and know the Father. It's an awesome thing. My greatest desire is that I would be able to navigate through the complexities of this life... know and understand deep things with the simple clarity of childlikeness. Living in unity... such a simple thing and yet how complicated we've made it!!!

    ReplyDelete