Friday, January 29, 2010

Snow Plow for Jesus


I love winter, and I especially love the snow. I have always said that if you are going to live in this area, you have two choices – enjoy the snow or move. I have chosen to enjoy it. I know I’m a little odd, but one of my favorite things about the snow is plowing. I like shoveling, I like using the big snowblower and I especially like driving the plow truck. I sometimes get to plow the church parking lot. Not because no one else will do it. I do it because I enjoy it.

One snowy Sunday, very early in the morning, I was over at the church driving the truck and a few of us were working pretty hard to clear the parking lot and sidewalks so people could get in the building. As I was plowing the Lord taught me a wonderful lesson.

I was clearing the snow away for one simple reason – so people could safely and easily get into the building. The hope is that once they get in there, they will grow closer to Jesus through a variety of means. My job as the plow guy is to make the path easier.

That’s exactly how it is with our lives. Our lives should be a pathway to the Lord Jesus. Everything about us, our walk and our talk should be pointing to Christ. You see, there is a blizzard that has dumped a pile of snow between most people and a loving God. Our call is to shovel the snow.

John the Baptist said that he was a “voice of one calling in the desert, “Make straight the way for the Lord.”” May we also be that voice.

Most people have no idea the name of the guy who plows their road, but they are sure thankful that someone does. May we each be that person who clears the way. May we be a snowplow for Jesus who makes the path to Him easier for someone else to follow.

1 comment: