Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Some Wise People

We are back from a great camping trip in Erie with some of the best teenagers ever.  I may write about that and post some pictures tomorrow.  

But first, here is a quick thought.  I just had a random phone call from Sylvia Evans who was one of my professors at Elim Bible Institute.  She is an absolutely, remarkable lady.   She has been in ministry for years and is from an entire family of ministers for generations.  In the 45 minutes that we spoke it was just one nugget after another that I was hearing.  I picked her brain and she freely offered instruction and encouragement.  I say this often, but I genuinely mean it.  Wisdom from those who have gone before us is more valuable than anything you can think of.  Truly, it is the fool who thinks that their age group has all the answers.  If you haven't received instruction from your elders lately, do it immediately.  It might just change your situation and maybe even your life.

1 comment:

  1. Just a quick note from the editor: Please understand my heart on this. I fully know that there have been many hurts in the past. But I don't want this blog to become a forum by which we deal with personal attacks. I am happy to talk with any of you directly about situations you have been affected by. Contact me at mail@worshipplace.org Thanks. I really appreciate your cooperation.

    ReplyDelete