Thursday, August 6, 2009

Breakfast with the Guys

I just got back to the office and I am reflecting on the great time I had this morning.  Every Thursday morning a group of guys meets at Fresh Cup from 6:45 - 7:45 for a time of Bible Study and encouragement.  The Word of God is awesome and opening it and discussing it with some super brothers is a very special thing.  Each of us has unique insight and understanding that we can bring to the "table" and encourage each other with.  It seems that during my Christian walk I have always had a group like this, and I am forever grateful for each and every person that has come along and challenged me to keep seeking after the Lord.

If you have encouragement like this you know exactly what I am talking about.  If not, let me strongly suggest that you find a group or even create one.  God gave us the gospel as individuals, but it works best in community.  By the way, if you live in the Warren area you are always invited to join us every Thursday morning.

2 comments:

  1. When did God preach the Gospel for individuals? Persons, maybe, but not individuals. We are saved only in community and only in the Body of Christ. As the Blessed Augustine has said, "the solo Christian is no Christian."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Pastor Rick for starting this little get together for us at Fresh Cup! I look forward to our fellowship every Thursday! Thanks and God Bless!!

    Andy

    ReplyDelete