Monday, June 15, 2009

Master the Basics

Sunday, Christopher Vengala spoke at PF.  What a great message he gave.  I hope you were able to hear it.  If not check it out on www.worshipplace.org    Anyways, he spoke on authentic christianity.  Wow!!  What a challenge for us all.  There were so many things that he said that were good, I'm not sure where to begin the recap.  So, I will just sum it up with one simple line.  He said, "Mastering the Basics is Christian Maturity."  I love that statement.  We often think that maturity means the deeper things or the flashy things.  Of course, those are fine, but they mean nothing if we do not pay attention to basic, authentic Christianity.

On another note, I will be leaving Wednesday morning along with Tim Smart and Jim Gillette.  We will be going to Togiak, Alaska to minister in that small village of Native Americans.  I will write another post about the itinerary, but I wanted to give you a heads up so you could be praying.  Also, I think I will be able to regularly update the blog while I am up there.

No comments:

Post a Comment