Monday, September 28, 2009

Great Relationships

Sorry I have not posted in awhile. Sandie and I were on a little pastor's retreat in Myrtle Beach, SC. It was a quick, but great time.

The thing that stuck out most to me while we were down there is how wonderful it is to have great friends. We were able to spend one night in Charlotte with our friends Reid and April. We went to Bible College with them and we have not seen them in over 3 years. But despite the time apart we were able to catch up and encourage each other like we still lived next door. They are true friends. And the wonderful thing about brothers and sisters in the Lord is what we can draw from them. I learned so much in the hours we spent talking. In fact, I think if I was honest I would have to say that many - maybe even most life things that I have learned have come in the context of relationships - not in the classroom.

We then were able to spend some great time with three other great friends - The Vengalas, Stewarts and Shults'. Again, the encouragement we received and the things that we learned were invaluable. Needless to say, I love people. May prayer is that you foster godly relationships and that you are always eager to benefit from their lives. Hopefully, they glean a little bit from you too.

2 comments:

  1. Just as I had hoped...a blog entry about your fantabulous trip South! We love you & Sandie & are looking forward to visiting you. Thanks for being great friends to Reid & I!
    By the way...you forgot to take the cooler weather back to PA with you...the mornings are getting chilly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, it's cool that you wrote about this. I've been wanting to write about good friends for a while. I haven't got to it yet, but hopefully soon. Glad you had such a good time. :) oh, and I def. learned more from relationships that classes Elim. ;)

    ReplyDelete