Monday, September 21, 2009

Love Your Region


Saturday morning I was driving down off of our hill and into Warren. I was in awe of how beautiful it is in our area. It was the classic early autumn day. 40 degrees, an extremely heavy dew, and as the sun came up it glistened sharply off the dew. All the valleys and creeks were full of fog. And the hills are just starting to show off their amazing vibrant colors. It was indeed quite a site.

If you have been around me much, you know that I love where I live. A lot of people don't like our area for there are many things wrong here. We have no jobs, little sunshine, a lot of rain and long winters - just to name a few :-). But, I am convinced that we are called to love the area where we live. If we are going to believe God to move and impact our region, I believe that we should first love what we are asking God to bless.

If you only see the negative in a place, let me encourage you to ask the Lord to change your view. Let Him change your way of thinking and may He give you a true love for your "land".

1 comment:

  1. Amen, Rick! I love where I live! I am fully expecting an exciting blog post about your fabulous visit with the Satterfields! It was SO good to see you & Sandie!

    ReplyDelete