Friday, May 29, 2009

A Great Heritage

Sandie and I as well as a few others from PF just returned from the annual Elim Fellowship leadership conference in Lima, NY.  All I can say is that I am a very, very thankful man.  Among many other things I'm thankful for the great leadership of EF.  (That's who I am ordained through.)  These are great men and women of God who have much to share.  May I ever be learning from our godly heritage.  

A huge highlight was Carlton Spencer.  He is the 95 year old son of Elim's founder.  The school was founded in 1923, so Carlton has been there from the beginning.  He is truly an amazing man and has walked in integrity as a minister for all these years.  The things he has seen and done are astounding.  There were many great men and women of God there with strong anointings including Bill Johnson.  But when he walked in the room full of over 1000 people everyone's eyes turned and hearts leaped.  I had the privilege of having brother Carlton lay hands on and pray for me and for our region.  He is standing with us to see the Spirit move in amazing ways.

4 comments:

  1. I am so glad you, Sandie and many others from our own Praise Fellowship pastoral staff were able to go and be refreshed. It always refreshing for me to see someone who has "run the race" for a long time and learn from them... I know without a doubt Praise Fellowship has been blessed and we continue to be called out and called into " the new thing of God".. It's both exciting and scary all at the same time. But when ever God is involved it's always a GREAT thing. I look forward to what God will continue to show us in the near future. Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the Elim history lesson b/c as you know my rebel husband & I have yet to read that book...what is it? Something in the willows???
    Seriously, your time at Elim sounded great...so glad you were encouraged!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I surprised they let you two rebels graduate. I guess you got by on your southern charm.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, we did only do the one year program...maybe they would not have let us finish the 3 year program. The Southern charm definitely helps!!

    ReplyDelete