Friday, May 8, 2009

This Weekend at PF

I write this as I sit at the coffee shop preparing for Sunday and I am listening to some awesome worship music by Jonathan David Helser.  Let me encourage you to listen.  Go to  http://www.aplacefortheheart.org/#  and click on the Music Player button at the top right hand corner of the page.  It's really good stuff.  (Thanks Dave Blick for the link)

This Sunday we will come together and celebrate the Lord and celebrate Mother's Day together.  Bring Mom to church early and treat her to breakfast.  It is served in the cafe from 8:30 - 9:30.  If I may brag a little.  I think it's the best breakfast food around  :-)   

The message this Sunday will be taken from Exodus 2:1-11.  I always tell you that so you can take some time to read it and meditate on it before Sunday.  The Lord wants to speak much more through His word than what is spoken from the pulpit on Sunday morning.

Also, we have added two new features to www.worshipplace.org  Check out the blog that we are currently placing at the top of the page.  This will hopefully be a way to keep you updated on many things.  Go to it often.  Our intent is update it about three times a week.  There is also a link to submit your prayer requests.  Prayer@worshipplace.org  You can also use that link to submit a testimony of what God is doing.

2 comments:

  1. Our former church has had Jonathan Helser come a few times. The men are going on a retreat with he & his Dad, Ken, in a few weeks. Small world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Had to add this...the 1st time Jonathan & his "band" came, his wife, Melissa, just starting singing during a song "It's going to be worth it/ it is worth it/ it was worth it...because you are my reward." It was so relevant, powerful, what Reid & I needed to hear at that time--it was Feb. 8, 2008. I often go back to these words when I need encouragement to persevere.

    ReplyDelete