Monday, May 11, 2009

Sunday Recap

Hopefully, every Monday morning I will update this blog as I reflect on what God did in our midst on Sunday.  I will usually be at Fresh Cup in North Warren as I write this, so join me for a cup of coffee as we consider the goodness of God.

Clearly the theme that the Spirit was speaking yesterday was FREEDOM.  He is calling His bride to be free from the "junk" of the world in order that we can live the life that He has called us to.  If you have stuff that you feel bound to, please seek the Lord on breaking those chains.  But let me encourage you to not do it independently.  We desperately need the Body of Christ to walk with us as we walk toward freedom.  

I cannot do it justice in these few words here, so let me encourage you to visit the Fenton Historical Museum in Jamestown, NY.  They have recently built a section that celebrates the Underground Railroad that helped to free up countless numbers of slaves.  Two quick lessons from that.  One, it took dozens of people to help a slave receive freedom.  And two, if the slave did not receive help in their free lives, they often times returned to their masters.  I think you can easily draw the spiritual implications of these two ideas.  May we as the body both help people to be free and to stay free.

We also were challenged by Jochebed, Moses' mother.  She was an examplary mother who by her faith helped to shape the world.  Her life is recorded in Ex. 2:1-11.  I encourage you to read it and see what an awesome woman she was.  The only point I want to make to recap is that when Moses was born, she saw that he was a "fine" child.  She saw something special about this kid - not ordinary, not just another baby, but something extraordinary.  May we see people through the eyes of God.  May we see things that others don't.  May we see their God-given potential and may we do everything we can to draw it out.

God bless you all in rich ways this week.  Hopefully we will see many of you on Wednesday Night.  

Remember:  "The king is enthralled by your beauty..."  Ps. 45:11

No comments:

Post a Comment